How do I obtain a road opening permit?

You will need to see the Road Commissioner to fill out the application for a road opening permit. The office is located at 63 Greenwood Avenue, Skowhegan, Maine. You will need the name and address of the contractor that will be doing the digging in the road, an estimated size of pavement that will need to be removed and the Dig Safe Number (call 811 or 888-DIG-SAFE) prior to completing the application. Once the application is filled out then you deliver it to the Town Clerk's Office for payment.

Show All Answers

1. How do I obtain a road opening permit?
2. How do I obtain a driveway entrance permit?
3. What do I do about a road condition problem? (Pot hole, icy conditions, drifting snow, debris.. etc.)
4. Who do I contact about a streetlight out?
5. What do I do about a plugged sewer?
6. How do I report damage to any of the bridges in Town?