Marriage Records

Requesting Marriage Records

To request a certified copy of a marriage license, write us a letter including the following:
  • Full name of groom, including middle name
  • Full name of bride, including maiden name
  • Date of Marriage
  • Number of copies you would like (It is $15 for the first copy and $6 for each additional copy of the same certificate)
  • Phone number if staff have any questions
  • Signature of person requesting the certificate
  • Include a copy of applicant’s picture ID
  • If you are requesting a record that is for someone other than yourself or child, you will need to send a proof of direct lineage showing that you are entitled to the document.
  • A self-addressed stamped envelope
  • Make a money order payable to the Town of Skowhegan
  • Mail to:
    Town Clerk
    225 Water Street
    Skowhegan, ME 04976